Lip Augmentation & Enhancement with Lip Implants
The lips are a major contributor to facial beauty with the power to soften the entire lower face. Full lips with a defined vermillion border have long been associated with youth and beauty which explains the increasing popularity of Lip Augmentation and Enhancement procedures using Lip Implants. Unlike dermal fillers (Restylane, Juvederm) Lip Implants give a longer-lasting (semi-permanent or permanent) lip fullness making them popular with some patients. Internationally recognized and acclaimed for his research on beauty, Dr Palmer found that naturally beautiful full lips have an ideal proportion between the upper and lower lip. Dr Palmer shapes the lips according to this “all important” aesthetic proportion to create full, naturally beautiful lips.
Lip Implants Indications
- Lip Implant Surgery can augment, enhance and plump the lips. With age, volume is lost in the lips causing them to thin and flatten.
- Lip Implants can be used on one or both lips depending on the existing proportion, of size or fullness, between the lips. Both men and women benefit aesthetically from fuller lips.
- There are three current types of Lip Implants:
- Alloderm®: The most soft and supple of all the lip implants, Alloderm is donor tissue purified and treated to remove viable cells. Dr Palmer makes small incisions on the inside corners, of the mouth, an inserts the implant under the pink outside portion of the lip above the muscle. This is the only lip implant that can be placed in this superficial layer allowing all the augmentation of the implant to be visible at the front of the lips.
- Permalip®: A soft, solid silastic (solid silicone) implant that comes in various sizes and shapes. The implant is placed through an incision on the inside corner of the mouth through the lip muscle. The implant can be removed if desired.
- Verafil®: These implants are saline filled with a gore-tex outer covering. They are placed similar to the Permalip implants and can be removed at a later date if desired. ***Dr Palmer doesn’t use or recommend Verafil implants as he believes Gore-Tex may become infected years later with no apparent cause or incident.
Lip Implants for Lip Augmentation and Enhancement
Dr. Francis Palmer is a world-renowned Beverly Hills Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, past-Director of Facial Plastic Surgery at USC and an internationally recognized expert on beauty and Lip Implant Surgery. Dr Palmer performs Lip Augmentation and Enhancement Surgery on people from Los Angles, Orange County, San Diego, San Francisco, California and all over the world that come based upon his skill and expertise. The procedure takes about 30 minutes and has minimal bruising and swelling. Routine activity may be resumed in a couple of days, although strenuous activity should be avoided for about 2 weeks. Dr. Francis Palmer clears his patients for air travel the same day as the procedure in most cases.
Before & After Photos
If you’re looking to enhance the size and shape of your lips, you should first understand aesthetically what makes lips full, plump and naturally beautiful.
Because beauty is more than just skin deep be sure to trust your face to a world-renowned Facial Plastic Surgeon like Dr Francis Palmer.
Be sure to see a Lip enhancement specialist, with a great deal of experience, like Dr Francis Palmer. Dr. Francis Palmer has years of experience and an artistic talent using various types of Lip Implants to create naturally, beautiful full lips. Do not let a cheap, inexpensive price lure you to try someone or something new, so beware of Lip Implant prices that seem to good to be true.