World’s Best Facelift
Dr Francis Palmer world renowned beverly Hills Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon describes what it takes to perform the “World’s Best” Facelift. Dr Palmer was voted one of the “World’s Best” plastic and cosmetic surgeons by Tatler Magazine. Dr Francis Palmer has performed facelifts for over 25 years and believes that to get the “World’s Best” facelift the consumer must have a facelift that meets certain requirements. The same applies to the plastic and cosmetic surgeon performing the facelift. Experience performing facelifts alone, is no longer enough to guarantee that you will look more naturally attractive after the facelift. The plastic surgeon must understand and follow the proper aesthetic principles, as they are outlined in my book on the subject (What’s Your Number…the palmer code) in order to create a naturally, more attractive male or female face. Since the facial aesthetics differ between the sexes, simply being adept at performing facelifts will not allow for these aesthetic differences and may result in faces that are over pulled, drawn and tight…not more youthful or attractive. Use the following criteria when selecting your Facelift Surgeoin and understand that not all surgeons are created equal which means that you’ll likely have to travel to get the “world’s Best”. Facelifts must have the following characteristics to be effective:
- The SMAS layer must be dissected, elevated, trimmed and re-sutured. Folding (plication) or suspending the SMAS with sutures, threads or the like will not hold the SMAS and is ineffective.
- Excess fat must be removed from the face and neck.
- Incisions must follow the anterior (front) contour of the ear to allow for remoavl of excess skin form the face and neck.
- Fillers (Perlane, Radiesse) or facial implants (Cheek Implants, Chin Implant) should be used to create the proper aesthetically shaped cheeks and chin. Radiesse can be injected to create more flare to the jawline in men.
- All of the above can be accomplished for the newer, minimally invasive type facelifst that offer much smaller incisions, much less tissue dissection = less surgery time and anesthesia, rapid recover time all done within 90 minutes or less. A local infiltration, without IV or general anesthesia can be used to perform this facelift which we call the “Plamer Celebrity Facelift”.